It's Almost Time For The
2016 Winyah Bay Heritage Festival!
Since 2007 the Winyah Bay Heritage Festival has been a celebration of the South Carolina Lowcountry hunting and fishing lifestyle as experienced in Georgetown County, and of the pioneering efforts in land conservation that will protect our great natural resources for future generations.
The primary goals of the Festival are:
*To provide financial assistance to the Georgetown County Museum and Historical Society.
* To promote, preserve, and perpetuate the heritage of the Winyah Bay area through the protection of its lands, waters, and unique habitats.
2016 Festival Dates - April 9 & 10
This year the festival will be held in conjunction with the Bassmaster Elite at Winyah Bay Tournament.
Georgetown County will be the host for this national 4 day event and the Winyah Bay Heritage Festival will supply the last 2 days with fun filled events for adults and children alike.
The Bassmaster Elite Series is known as the premier fishing tournament series in the world and will be televised on ESPN2 and The Outdoors Channel.
For even more information, visit these websites:
What to expect:
We have lots planned for the 2016 Festival. Some events to look forward to are:
- Dock Dogs Competitions
- Retriever Demonstrations
- S.C. Duck Calling Contest
- Birds of Prey Demonstrations
- Youth Duck Calling Clinics
- Virtual Fishing Simulator
- Children’s Decoy Painting
- Art & Conservation Exhibits